Western Michigan University's Center for Health Care Information Technology Advancement supports and advances academic activities related to health care IT.
- Health informatics and information management major—an interdisciplinary program offered to business and nursing students.
- Instruction in WMU's Stryker Medical School.
- Minors in health informatics and information management.
- MBA concentration in health care and related courses.
- Faculty research related to the informatics industry.
The health informatics and information management curriculum is multidisciplinary and prepares WMU students to meet rising needs in the health information technology industry. The health informatics and information management minor is available to any WMU student with an approved academic major.
The program is based on curriculum published by the American Health Information Management Association. Courses provide necessary and sufficient learning outcomes and topics that are specified by the association's curriculum map.