Welcome! We're glad you're attending Western Michigan University. This page gives an overview of your health center and links to key documents to help you get a healthy start at WMU. Start by learning about our comprehensive services by exploring this website.
To get ready, take some time now to share information with us:
Verify Your COvid-19 Vaccination
Students, faculty and staff who live on campus, attend classes or use resources at any of Western's campuses must test regularly unless they are fully vaccinated (14 days past their final dose) and have had their vaccination status verified by Sindecuse Health Center. Learn more about testing here. You can learn more about our commitment to keeping the campus community safe during COVID-19 here.
- Follow the instructions on this page to upload a vaccine record and get verified.
- After verification, you'll be excused from the weekly testing requirement.
Upload Insurance Card
Here's an easy way to make your first visit go faster. Upload your insurance card for our files. Here's how:
- Once you have a Bronco NetID and password, you can login to the patient portal
- Allow about 3 days from receiving your ID and password for your status to be communicated to our database
- Then you can login and see how our patient portal works
- Navigate to the 'Insurance Card' menu item and add a new card
- You'll be able to upload an image of the front and back of the card, and to fill in some details from the card
If you will turn 18 after starting classes or arriving on campus, a parent or guardian must fill download and fill out:
For International Students
Read about WMU's requirements for TB screening and testing, and download forms (Insurance info, minor authorization to treat, TB screening).
Questions for us?
We've put together answers to FAQs students, parent and family members ask most often. Want to know more? Call us. Here are the telephone numbers to speak with a person who can help:
- Insurance and how it works at the health center: contact Terri Andrews at (269) 387-4219.
- Pharmacy and transferring prescriptions: ask a pharmacy technician at (269) 387-3355.
- Counseling services and psychiatry questions: ask a counseling services staff member at (269) 387-1850.
- General information: speak with a patient access team member at (269) 387-3287 (follow the prompts for appointments).