computer, smartphone & tablet SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions below are for most devices with a standard web browser, such as a laptop/desktop or a smartphone. For other devices without a web browser, such as game consoles and televisions, please see the next section titled Other Internet Connected Devices.
- Connect to the network titled WMU Secure
- When prompted, authenticate using your Bronco NetID and password
- Open an internet browser and try navigating to a website, you should be redirected to our registration page. If you are not redirected, please type in the following URL:
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click Accept
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password
- Provide your phone number, device type and operating system and click Submit
- On the confirmation page, click Register
- Wait 5 minutes and reboot your device. You are now connected to WMU Secure
Devices such as TVs, game consoles, and other internet connected devices will need to connect to WMU Open, as they do not support the authentication method of WMU Secure. For instructions on connecting these types of devices, please see Adding Your Internet Connected Device to the Network.
If you experience issues connecting to WMU Secure using the above method, please see below for instructions to manually set up your connection to WMU Secure using our Secure WiFi utility:
WMU Secure is available in several campus buildings.