To educate professionals to provide exemplary health care, rehabilitation and social services, to promote innovation and discovery and to build mutually enriching local and global partnerships.
To lead transformative education, practice and research in health and human services.
- Learning and work environments that are healthy, intellectually stimulating, creative, inclusive and respectful of human diversity
- Professional and inter-professional education and practice that is person-centered and improves quality of life across the lifespan
- Active engagement of students and faculty in innovative and interdisciplinary research and scholarship that inform evidence-based practice
- Collaboration, critical thinking and compassion as integral to professional competence
- Leadership, professional socialization and service beyond the classroom
- Ethical practices and integrity in education, research and service
- Multimodal, technologically effective, integrative, experiential instruction
- Lifelong learning
- Global and community engagement
- Continuous improvement through assessment and evaluation
- Personal health and wellness, professional self-care and prevention of burnout