The Office of Student Engagement and Success in the College of Health and Human Services is a learner-centered, relationship-based support program designed to help students reach their full academic potential. Because we believe student success must address the whole individual, initiatives are designed to stimulate growth opportunities for students in their academic, financial, social, occupational, physical and emotional lives.
academic success COACHINg
Academic coaching is a program designed to empower students by identifying their learning needs and discovering the pathway to greater academic and collegiate achievement.
A trained academic coach will meet with you one-on-one to help examine perceived barriers to success, develop a personalized plan of action, learn and implement new strategies and skills, and take full advantage of campus resources.
Meeting with an academic coach is one of the best ways to personalize your education and get on track academically. You can meet with an academic coach once or on a weekly basis to help increase your confidence and achieve your goals.
Benefits of Academic Coaching
- Identify and work through obstacles getting in the way of academic success
- Develop study skills and habits necessary to be a successful college student
- Get motivated and stop procrastinating
- Improve time management and organizational skills
- Prepare for tests and reduce test taking anxiety
- Learn how to balance academic rigor and extracurricular activities
- Find mentoring opportunities with faculty
- Learn self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-efficacy
Directions to the CHHS building. Our office is located in suite 1400, just before the computer lab.
For specific comments or questions or to learn more about Student Success Services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (269) 387-8468.