The Lee Honors College is pleased to present weekly seminars on a variety of cutting-edge topics, given by outstanding Western Michigan University faculty scholars and Community Members.
The Lyceum Lecture Series is on hiatus for spring of 2019. Instead, check out our Tuesday TED Talks every Tuesday in the lounge at noon! Schedule coming soon!
Lyceum lectures are held in the Lee Honors College lounge on the main campus of Western Michigan University on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m.
Lectures are free and open to students, staff, faculty and the general public. Lunch is not provided, but the audience is welcome to bring brown bag lunches to the seminars.
Past Lyceum lectures can be viewed online. Video is not available for all lectures.
For more information, please contact the Lee Honors College by calling (269) 387-3230 or email Gary Bischof, dean.
- Fall 2018: Food for All: Sustainable Practices, Community Access and Nutrition
- Spring 2018: "Mental Health Matters: College Student Mental Health in the 21st Century"
- Fall 2017: "LGBTQ+ At the Intersections"
- Spring 2017: "Fulfilling America’s Promise: Racial Equity and Justice"
- Fall 2016: "Our Blue Marble - Water, Home, and Humanity (Part II)"
- Spring 2016: "Our Blue Marble - Water, Home, and Humanity (part I)"
- Fall 2015: "Imagine a World Without Sexual and Gender-Based Violence!"
- Spring 2015: "Sustainable Energy Future"
- Fall 2014: "Global Citizenship"
- Spring 2014: "Living with Uncertainty"
- Spring 2013: "Climate Change"
- Fall 2013: "Race Matters"