The Lee Honors College has a proud history of bringing nationally and internationally known experts to campus to share their knowledge in a broad range of subjects with the goal of educating, inspiring dialogue and stimulating action to improve our shared world. Lectures and events are typically free to campus and community members, and honors students frequently have the opportunity to meet and engage with our guests in smaller group settings.
Past guest speakers have included:
- Sylvia Earle, oceanographer and National Geographic explorer in residence.
- Sybrina Fulton, activist and founder of the Trayvon Martin Foundation.
- Anita Hill, lawyer and authority on gender and race issues, particularly in the workplace.
- Yann Martel, author of “Life of Pi”, winner of the Man Booker Prize.
- Sue Snyder, First lady of Michigan.
- Gloria Steinem, legendary feminist, journalist and activist.
- Louis Zamperini, World War II prisoner of war survivor and Olympic distance runner.
Past speaker series have included:
- Raise Your Voice
- Science and the Human Endeavor
- Lyceum Lecture Series