Eligibility Requirements

Goldsworth Valley and Stadium Drive apartments

Campus apartments provide housing for the following students:

  • Married (with or without children)^
  • A single parent with dependent children^
  • A single graduate student*
  • A single undergraduate student (sophomore status or non-traditional age)

^Housing tailored to families is available in Stadium Drive Apartments.

*If you are actively working on a thesis or dissertation you must be enrolled for the required one hour of thesis/dissertation credit.

Arcadia Flats and Western View Eligibility ONLY

Students must be:

  • Enrolled in a minimum of one credit hour at the start of the contract
  • 18 years old on the day sign-up starts
  • Sophomore standing (26 credits)
  • Non-beginner designation per university student classification

Students who are transferring must be close to 26 credits in order to sign up. They must be at 26 credits on May 1, which allows for confirmation of spring credits to be transferred.

Spindler Hall Eligibility

Students must be:

  • Enrolled at least one credit hour in both the fall and spring semesters
  • A WMU graduate student, an undergraduate with senior status or a non-traditional student at least 21 years of age


Students requesting disability-related accommodations should contact:

Disability Services for Students
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5326

Phone: (269) 387-2116
TTY: (269) 387-2120
Fax: (269) 387-0633


Students self-select their own unit and bed when they sign up. The process is similar to Stub Hub or Ticketmaster in that you will see floor plans and available units and beds. Click the one you want and sign your contract to confirm your space.


If you have a friend or friends you want to live within a campus apartment, you will need to create a Roommate Group prior to signing up for a unit. This links everyone so you can choose a multiple-bedroom unit together.

To create a Roommate Group or reply to an invitation, log into the housing portal and select WMU Apartments or Western View >> Roommate Group.

You will need your friend's Western Identification Number (WIN = 9-digit number) to create a group. After you enter their WIN,

  1. Press "Search" to find their name in the system,
  2. "Select" to confirm it is the right person, and
  3. Press "Submit" at the bottom of the page to send the Roommate Group invitation email.

Roommate invitation notifications go to your friend's WMU email address and they must accept the invitation to be linked together to choose an apartment. As the group owner, you will receive an email if they accept or decline the invitation.

Gender Inclusive Housing

Residence Life is committed to providing a safe, inclusive and supportive experience for all students. Recognizing that single-gender housing may not be appropriate or comfortable for everyone, Residence Life offers Gender Inclusive Housing in both the residence halls and apartments.