"Being a part of the Fine Arts Community has really opened up a lot of opportunities. From meeting new people to making small ensembles, being a part of a community is some of the best networking you can do."
— Ben, Sophomore, West Olive, MI, Trombone Performance and Electrical Engineering
Students majoring in WMU’s College of Fine Arts can opt to live in the Fine Arts House. Located in Harvey Hall, the community offers a great opportunity for those with a love of visual and performing arts to live together. The College of Fine Arts supports the community.
- Courtyard Acoustics
- Art in the Basement (painting murals)
- Self-defense/campus safety session
- Karaoke night
- Discussions on a variety of topics like typecasting, preparing for music juries, how to do a studio show, etc.
- Network with fine arts students representing a variety of disciplines
- Learning Community Assistant who is a fine arts major – they plan events, share advice and help you as you need them