French Hall is celebrating its last year at Western Michigan University. The building will close May 2020 as campus makes way for Hilltop Village, a new development that will include vibrant student housing; innovative academic support spaces; and dynamic mixed-use commercial, residential and parking facilities.
Part of Western Michigan University's Little Three complex, French Hall is located near the Student Recreation Center and University Arena.
- Hall restricted to students with sophomore status or above
- Coed floors with suites assigned by gender
- Some three-person rooms assigned
- Beds will bunk to maximize floor space
- Kitchenettes on each floor
Suites consist of two rooms that share a connecting bathroom. A total of four people live in a suite.
- Two beds and mattresses—bunkable
- Two desks with a hutch and light
- Two chairs
- Six one-dresser drawer boxes, all stackable
- One recycling bin
What about the bathroom?
- One shower and toilet, partitioned off for privacy
- Counter with two sinks
- Two medicine cabinets with mirrors
- Four towel bars
- One to two trash cans