Public health concerns, social distancing requirements, and related constraints brought on by COVID-19 required us to temporarily forego the use of some facilities. We realize this news may be disappointing. Please know that we took each decision seriously and made them with great care and consideration.
- Halls closed: Ernest and Smith Burnhams, Henry Hall
- Ackley Hall (Valley 1) designated a non-food hall, meaning a meal plan is optional (option also available in Britton and Hadley Halls)
- Learning community changes:
- Aviation House moved to Ackley Hall (Valley 1)
- Education Community discontinued
- Fine Arts House moved to Harvey Hall (Valley 2)
- Human Performance House discontinued
- Honors subsets in business, engineering and fine arts, as well as the Honors STEM/Health option, discontinued – Honors Community remains
- Single rooms converted back to double occupancy rooms - Building closures due to the Hilltop Village project and COVID-19 mean we no longer have that flexibility. Decisions for full occupancy double rooms were made in consultation with Kalamazoo Health and Community Services Department.