To sign up, use the direct housing portal link or go to WMU Login and under the My Self Service section on the left choose the link "Residence Life Housing." As you move through the screens, you’ll pick your hall and then your room from a floor diagram.
Follow the schedule for when to choose your room.
- Same room: Sign-up is 10 a.m. Jan. 21 to 23, 2020
- Any room/hall: Sign-up starts at 10 a.m. Jan. 24, 2020 ongoing
- Summer housing: Sign-up begins March 16, 2020
Single rooms are available in all halls except Western Heights and Shilling Hall. There are also several floors of all-single rooms in the Valley. Students interested in a single can choose their specific room during the returner sign up process.
- Sign-up is 10 a.m. Jan. 21 to 23, 2020 for your current single
- Sign-up starting 10 a.m. Jan. 24, 2020 for a single in any hall
New for fall 2020:
- Choose one-bed or two-bed singles.
- Single room discount: Continuing students will be billed a single room rate that is up to 25% off the regular single room rate. The lower rate is applied to all students regardless of GPA. Rates for 2020-2021 will be determined in April.
- GPA discount: Continuing students who choose a single room during returner sign-up can take advantage of the GPA promotion. If you have a 3.3 or higher cumulative GPA after spring semester, you will receive your single room at the lower double room rate ($3,115 savings in 2019-20). Students must have sophomore status at the start of fall 2020 to be eligible. Discount only available those who choose a single room during the returner sign up process (Jan. to Aug. 15).
- Valley single floors: Ackley 2, Britton 3, Garneau 1, Harvey 5, Harvey 6, Eicher 6, LeFevre 1, Fox 4 (honors only).
Canceling your contract
Completing a housing contract for fall 2020 means entering into a legally binding agreement with WMU. If you change your mind and cancel, a cancellation fee will apply. You will not be able to hold a space in the online sign up system without completing a housing contract. If you’re not sure about your housing plans, we recommend waiting to sign up.
|Cancel through May 1||$300|
|Cancel May 2 through July 31||$400|
|Cancel Aug. 1 through 5 p.m. of last business day before the halls open||$500|
Create a Roommate Group to claim a room for both of you. Your friend will get an email to their WMU account to accept or decline the invite.
Triples and Quads
The best way to claim a triple is for all three students to sign up at the same time choosing beds A, B and C in the same room. Be aware you will not be able to see who is already in the room in case two groups are signing up for the same triple simultaneously.
If four people want a quad in the Burnhams:
- Log on individually and pick the four beds that make up a quad, or
- create two Roommate Groups so each group can claim a room.
Like with triples, you will not be able to see who is already in the room in case two groups are signing up for the same room simultaneously.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (269) 387-4735.