- Residence halls: New international students move into the residence halls Jan. 6. Please call the phone number posted on your building’s front door when you arrive. If you are able, please complete online check-in via the housing portal the first week of January: Housing Portal > Residence Halls > Spring move-in.
- Apartments: Move-in varies by the apartment complex. Please see “Apartments” section below.
Spring 2021 Housing Sign-up
You made a great choice with WMU's campus housing!
Students enrolled in at least one credit hour are eligible to live in WMU’s residence halls and apartments. Apartment complexes are for upper-level students and have additional eligibility requirements.
Transfer student or a veteran? Consider our Shilling Transfer Community. The community focuses on easing your transition to WMU by connecting you with other students and the campus. Residents are in a single room provided at a discounted rate.
First-semester transfer students with 14 transfer credits and at least 20 years old or 21 transfer credits.
Veterans who are beginning students (please contact Residence Life to confirm veteran status).
Spring 2021 sign-up begins Nov. 16, 2020. Log in to the Housing Portal with your Bronco NetID and password, and choose the housing option you want.
|Housing Options||Date and Time|
10 a.m. EST Nov. 16
Sign spring contract; room selection in December
Western View Apartments
1 p.m. EST Nov. 16
Sign spring and summer 1 contract; choose an apartment
Goldsworth Valley Apartments, Stadium Drive Apartments, Spindler Hall
1 p.m. EST Nov. 16
Sign spring contract; choose an apartment
New students: If you have not changed the temporary password that was provided in your admission letter, visit Change Password prior to logging in. If you do not have your Bronco NetID and temporary password, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students requesting disability-related accommodations should contact:
Disability Services for Students
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5326
Phone: (269) 387-2116
TTY: (269) 387-2120
Fax: (269) 387-0633
A variety of measures are being taken to protect the health and safety of our students and their families during move-in.
- Limited to 2 move-in helpers
- Masks to be worn at all times
- Touchless check-in process with an online pre-check-in form, keys in envelopes, and online room condition forms
- Doorways propped open for touchless passage during peak move-in times
- Elevators limited to one family at a time
- Additional custodial staff wiping down high-touch surfaces
- Move-in prior to other students returning