Provides support, installation and maintenance for data, telecommunication and cable television networks in a lead capacity.
- Configures, analyzes, installs, maintains and resolves problems associated with data, telecommunication and cable television networks.
- Locates underground cable infastructure for data, telecommunication and cable television networks in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Supports and maintains data network connections. Connects equipment to network.
- Maintains and repairs campus wide underground and outdoor cable plant. Documents and monitors changes to underground cable plant.
- Maintains, repairs and installs emergency phones across campus.
- Monitors and maintains student employee budget for network support services.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises student employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years’ relevant experience.
- Relevant industry certification.
Moderate work occasionally working in difficult position or with physical demands such as continuously lifting or moving materials from 25 to 50 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving materials greater than 50 pounds.
Work is performed with exposure to any number of elements which may occasionally require some precautions such as safety glasses, protective clothing, ear protection, etc.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.