Assists with the daily administration of the University’s employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee and labor relations and other human resource functions.
- Assists in counseling and consulting with University employees, departments and applicants to solve human resource issues. Recommends University and department policies, procedures and resources. Ensure compliance with state and federal law.
- Assists the implementation of recruitment objectives and policies. Prepares and guides hiring managers through the hiring process. Ensures the recruitment of a qualified and diverse workforce.
- Posts benefits-eligible staff and faculty positions using an online applicant tracking system. Reviews and approves online workflow temporary appointments.
- Interprets University personnel policies and procedures and provides accurate information to customers.
- Assists in administrative duties and logistical tasks related to the new employee orientation program, including updating and overseeing presentation materials. Conducts new employee orientation sessions, including presenting and ensuring completion of required documents.
- Participates in staff compensation system job evaluation committees.
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Two years' relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Office or other indoor work with minimal physical demands such as occasionally lifting or moving materials less than 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a well-lit, temperature-controlled indoor environment with occasional exposure to the outdoors or any number of elements.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.