Benefits Open Enrollment—Dining Services, Facilities Management and Other (AFSCME)


Your 2021 health plan options will remain the same. No action is needed if you want to stay on the same health plan; it will carry over to 2021.  Please review the 2021 Open Enrollment guide for changes to health plan rates and the flexible spending account maximum contribution amount.

A Community Blue Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plan is offered and it is administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM). The Healthy Blue Living Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) medical plan option through Blue Care Network (BCN) will continue to be offered in 2020. The medical and prescription drug coverage for the two plans are different; dental and vision benefits are the same for both plans.

General health benefit enrollment information including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage can be found here.

Your current benefit enrollment information is available through Employee Self Service, then Benefits Details, which you can access by logging into your GoWMU account.

Flexible spending accounts

You may choose to participate in up to two flexible spending accounts, which allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical and dependent care expenses. The maximum annual contribution to a health care flexible spending account is $2,700. The maximum annual contribution to a dependent care flexible spending account is $5,000, or $2,500 for employees whose income tax status is married filing separately.

For the 2021plan year, health care flexible spending account participants may carry over up to $550 of unused funds into the next plan year. Please note that it does not apply to the dependent care flexible spending account.

What forms do I need to complete?

Where do I send my completed forms?

Submit your completed health insurance enrollment and change form and BASIC Flex enrollment form to Human Resources no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, 2020.

If you are unable to print the enrollment forms, you may contact Human Resources to request a copy of applicable forms.

When will my changes take place?

Health care benefit and flexible spending account elections are effective Jan. 1, 2021. Payroll deductions begin with the first paycheck received in January 2020.

Medicare Part D and other important notices?

View important Benefit Notices.

Are you or your dependent(s) eligible for prescription drug benefits under Medicare Part D due to age or disability? If so, please review the Medicare Part D Notice under Benefit Notices above.

Additional Questions?

If you have additional questions about benefits open enrollment, please contact Human Resources.

The information outlined above is subject to legal documents that pertain to each benefit plan and policies, procedures, contracts, or collective bargaining agreements, which are controlling as to the availability and amount of benefits. This website is not a legal document.