The student(s) must have:
- A product or service that is unique, innovative, and has a clear market need.
- Proof of concept or working prototype to show.
- The product can use existing technology or involve modification of existing technology for a creative new product or service.
- The technology can be, but does not need to be, brand new technology or necessarily “high tech.”
- A well-developed business plan is not required, but it is expected that the student(s) have an understanding about the unmet need and the opportunity.
- A 24” x 36” poster board or a tri-fold table-top board will be required on competition day and must convey information including, but not limited to: what is the product or service, what are the benefits, market for the product or service, and competitive advantage. This will be required on competition day.
- It is recommended that visuals be simple, clear, and effective, with good use of tables, charts and or pictures.