Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5245 USA
- M.A., Latin American Studies, University of Florida, 2013
- B.A., Spanish and International Studies, Saginaw Valley State University, 2011
Korey Force joined the Haenicke Institute for Global Education in 2015 as the Study Abroad Outreach Coordinator, transitioning in to the role of Senior Marketing Specialist in 2017. A Michigan native, Force attended Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in both Spanish and International Studies. During her undergraduate career she spent most of her time studying abroad in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. While studying Spanish in Guadalajara, Mexico, Force discovered her passion for not only chilaquiles, but also global engagement. Immediately following graduation in 2011 she participated in a tour of China, Taiwan and Japan as an SVSU Roberts Fellow.
Force graduated from the University of Florida in 2013 with a masters in Latin American Studies with a focus on Tropical Conservation and Human Development. Her graduate research focused on the conservation practices and ideologies of livestock owners in Esparza, Costa Rica, where she spent significant time researching and presenting. After graduation and before joining the bronco team, Force taught high school Spanish in both Florida and Illinois and served as an English as a Second Language Coordinator.
Force is currently pursuing an MBA from the WMU Haworth College of Business with a focus in marketing. In her free time, she enjoys indulging in chilaquiles, dancing salsa and finding new ways to be fit and healthy.
As the senior marketing specialist, Force's primary responsibilities include:
- Develops and manages marketing plans and materials for the Institute’s units, centers and institutes,
- Tracks, reports on, and disseminates information about WMU’s international news, activities and initiatives
- Serves as editor of WMU International News (three issues annually) and the “Get Globally Engaged” email newsletter
- Serves as Web Manager/Editor and coordinates all electronic media; serves as an administrator on all official social media sites within the Haenicke Institute including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Weibo