Sindecuse Health Center (WMU Campus)
Located on the main campus, WMU's Sindecuse Health Center offers convenient, cost-saving services with an experienced, multidisciplinary staff dedicated to maintaining and improving patient health. Many insurance plans are accepted. Services include:
- Evaluation and treatment for a variety of illnesses and injuries
- Preventive health check-ups
- Periodic health monitoring, as well as
- Health education opportunities that enhance individual and community health
For information and appointments, call (269) 387-3287.
Sindecuse Health Center is open from 8am to 5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and from 9am to 5pm on Thursdays. It is closed on weekends and on university holidays.
Other Health Care Services
When the Sindecuse Health Center is closed, it is advised to visit an Urgent Care Center in the area. Be sure to take your insurance ID card with you. Hospitals provide excellent care as well but not every medical situation requires a hospital emergency room visit. Hospital emergency care is necessary when you have a life-threatening situation. Examples are severe chest pain, bleeding that cannot be stopped, traumatic head injury, or severe shortness of breath.
For a minor emergency or Sindecuse Health Center is closed visit an Urgent Care Center
- Bronson Fast Care - 6220 W Main Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009 (269) 276-4744
- Borgess Immediate Care Center - 7901 Angling Road, Portage, MI 49024 (269) 324-8400
- Hometown Urgent Care - 1634 Gull Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (269) 903-2835
For a major emergency visit a Hospital Emergency Room
- Bronson Hospital - 601 John Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Borgess Hospital - 1521 Gull Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
In case of a life-threatening emergency, dial 911, and an ambulance will be sent to your location