The Adobe Federated Account migration is currently scheduled to occur on May 26.
Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based version of the popular Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and more. See below for information regarding account access and installation instructions.
Accessing your adobe account
All current faculty and staff user accounts for Adobe Creative Cloud will be converted to Federated Identity, and will use WMU's Central Authentication Service to authenticate to their Adobe account. Please see Migrating your Data to ensure no data is lost during the conversion process. Additionally, most Faculty and Staff without an existing Adobe account will be automatically licensed to use Adobe Creative Cloud. See below for licensing clarification:
Accounts with automatic Adobe licensing
The following employee roles will have Adobe access enabled by default:
- Executive/Senior Administrative Officers
- Department Chairs
- Professional & Administrative Staff
- Clerical & Technical Staff
Manually requesting an Adobe license
If you are a faculty or staff member that does not receive Adobe access by default, you may still request a Federated Adobe account. You will be taken to ITDirect and asked to login with your Bronco NetID and password. You will receive an email confirmation once your account has been enabled to access the Adobe Suite.
Accounts not licensed for Adobe use
Under our Adobe license agreement, the following user groups are not permitted to install Adobe Creative Cloud using their personal Bronco NetIDs. Students are encouraged to use the Adobe applications in computer labs across campus, however must first sign in to the applications using an active WMU email address. A list of campus computer labs can be found here.
Installing/logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud
Available for all University-owned Windows and Macintosh systems for faculty, staff and lab environments. Please see your departmental IT administrator for assistance with this software.
Active WMU faculty and staff are entitled to Adobe Creative Suite software via the Adobe website. To obtain this software:
- Sign in to the Adobe website using your WMU email address.
- You will then be re-directed to the CAS login page. Login using your Bronco NetID and password. (If this is your first time logging in to your new Federated ID and you are prompted with an Asset Migration window, please see below.)
- On the left, click Desktop Downloads beneath Creative Cloud Apps.
- Click Download under Creative Cloud.
- Once Creative Cloud is installed, sign in using your WMU email address (you will once again be redirected to the CAS login page).
- Once authenticated, you may then choose to install Adobe applications on demand.
Previously existing Adobe accounts will be migrated to a Federated ID, meaning you will now log in using your Bronco NetID and password. The first time log in using your new Federated ID, you will be offered the opportunity to migrate data files from your previous Adobe ID to your new Federated ID. Please note, you will only receive this prompt once. See the data migration prompt below:
If you selected No during the automatic migration prompt or if a new Federated ID was created due to an email address change, you will need to perform a manual asset transfer to retain access to your cloud data. Please see Adobe's instructions for performing a Manual Asset Transfer.