Before you connect
- Besides the wired jacks in each room, wireless* is also available in individual rooms and public areas of all residence halls and in Western View Apartments.
- All University policies and procedures apply to the use of ResNet. There is an acceptable use policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act regarding downloading or sharing copyrighted material. Use of ResNet in violation of any University policy may result in student conduct charges.
- All computers being connected to WMUnet (Western's network) should have anti-virus software installed and all vendor-supplied security patches applied for the operating system. For student computers, WMU makes recommendations for both Macintosh and Windows computers.
- You must have your own Ethernet cable. They may be purchased at any electronics or computer store, or, at the WMU Bookstore.
- Routers, wireless access points, and combo router/access points may not be used.
* Wireless connections are a shared resource. It is recommended that the wired connection be used for video streaming to not degrade the connection speed for others.
Connecting your computer
- Plugin the Ethernet cable from your computer to the wall.
- Start an Internet browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- When the WMU page displays, agree to the Acceptable Usage Policy by clicking on the Agree button.
- Click the Start button next to Users who have a Bronco NetID account.
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click the Register button.
- Wait 45 seconds for your connection to be re-configured.
If you have problems, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-4357, option 1. Also, the Mobile Help Desk is available to assist at the beginning of the semester.
Deregister your device
Please contact the Help Desk at (269) 387-4357, option 1 to deregister your device.
Need more help?
- See the Help Desk website for hours
- Telephone: (269) 387-4357, option 1
- Username and password questions
- Internet access troubleshooting
- Internet set-up
- Software troubleshooting
Technical Computing Services
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Telephone: (269) 387-4357, option 2
- Jack repair
- Onsite troubleshooting