The joint conference of the International Conference on Health IT Advancement (ICHITA), and Western Michigan IT Forum is hosted by the Department of Business Information Systems at the Haworth College of Business. This scholarly conference brings together business leaders, academics, administrators and students from across the globe to exchange ideas and discuss challenges and opportunities—including the latest business, technology and healthcare trends. You are invited to submit papers for in-person or virtual presentation at the joint conference, which focuses on recent advances in health IT and financial technology (fintech), both of which will substantially impact businesses and society.
We would like to invite full papers and extended abstracts for research in progress across all functional areas of blockchain, fintech and AI related to healthcare and finance (details are provided below). Selected papers will be invited for publication in a special issue of the American Journal of Business in 2023.
- Healthcare analytics and big data
- Pandemic planning and management
- Smart health and well-being technology
- Augmented reality in healthcare
- Community EMR interoperability
- Health information exchange and interoperability
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Telehealth and telemedicine solutions
- Privacy and security issues in healthcare
- Wearable devices: design, adoption and outcomes
- Big data, blockchain and fintech
- Regulatory challenges in fintech
- Value creation in the blockchain economy
- Internet of things
- The business value of blockchain
- Prediction markets
- Digital payment solutions
- Crowdfunding and crowdsourcing
- High-frequency algorithmic trading
The conference program will include:
- Academic papers, industry experience papers/case studies and posters.
- Industry speakers and presentations.
- Technology demonstrations and workshops.
- Best paper awards and student competitions.
The Joint ICHITA-IT Forum welcomes presenters from industry and academic institutions. Authors are invited to submit original contributions (written in English).
- Academic*: Academic research papers (applied/theoretical).
- Industry: Industry experience and position papers.
- Students: Graduate and undergraduate students with the approval of their advisors are invited to submit their research as full papers or abstract.
* There will be fast-track publication of selected articles in the American Journal of Business. All other accepted articles and position papers will be published online in conference proceedings. There is also a provision for online presentation of selected articles if the authors of selected articles are unable to attend in person.
Deadlines extended through August 31.
- Full paper submission (7,000 words maximum): August 31
- Extended abstracts for research in progress (1,000 words maximum): August 31
- Position paper (2,000 words maximum): August 31
Account creation required for paper submissions.
Only original papers not published or not submitted for publication elsewhere will be considered. Submissions can be an abstract, full-length paper or a case study. Full paper submissions will undergo a double-blind review process. At least one author of an accepted paper must register to attend the conference. If accepted, selected papers will receive an invitation for publication in a special issue of the American Journal of Business (subject to journal review process). Other papers will be published in the conference proceedings. All accepted papers and abstracts will be scheduled for presentations during concurrent sessions. Acceptance of abstracts and papers are subject to final approval by track chairs.
For more information
Dr. Mohammad Daneshvar Kakhki
Email Daneshvar Kakhki
Email Liz Eisenbach
Dr. Muhammad Razi
Email Muhammad Razi
Dr. Utkarsh Shrivastava
Email Utkarsh Shrivastava