The Dobro Slovo National Slavic Honor Society in the Department of World Languages and Linguistics at Western Michigan University recognizes academic excellence in Slavic studies (language, literature, culture and history) and has been patterned after other existing honorary organizations. The key of the society is as representative of academic excellence in Slavic studies as the Phi Beta Kappa is for academic studies as a whole.
To be a member:
- You must have completed two years (or equivalent) of study of Slavic languages, literature, culture or related subjects with a minimum average grade of "B" (85 percent) or its letter or point equivalent.
- Your overall academic average must be at least a "B" (80 percent) or its letter or point equivalent.
- You must indicate an active and continuing interest in Slavic languages, literature, culture or related fields of Slavic studies.
The chapter faculty advisor is responsible for determining your eligibility.
As a member, you will receive:
- National recognition for academic excellence
- A personalized membership card
- A membership certificate (suitable for framing)
- A society pin
For more information, contact Dr. Dasha Nisula.
WMU Chapter: Delta Sigma inductees
Cullen Coty O'Neil
Adam James Beattie
Sarah Marie Cook
Bong Hee Choi