This page provides resources and information for currently enrolled WMU HESA students. Please contact the HESA faculty coordinator, Dr. Ramona Lewis, if you see information that needs to be updated.
- Program handbook for HESA students
- Directory of WMU student support services
- WMU Graduate College
- WMU Graduate Catalog
- WMU Signature
- WMU Plan it Forward Resources for graduate stduents
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- HESA Courses and Descriptions (visit the courses section of the website) - In this document are full courses descriptions as well as instructions for having diversity cognates and focused elective courses approved by advisor.
- HESA suggested rotation of courses
- HESA 5-year course rotation plan
- Graduation information
- HESA Program of Study (graduation materials)
Field experience and capstone experience
- Student manual for field experience and capstone
- Field experience and capstone application and approval form
- Student learning goals and objectives for field experience and capstone
- Here is a sample list of past field experience and capstone sites
MATERIALS FOR SITE SUPERVISORS OF FIELD AND CAPSTONE EXPERIENCES
- What is a HESA field or capstone experience? (This document is designed for potential or new site supervisors and briefly summarizes the field and capstone experience as well as how to become a site).
- Site supervisors manual for HESA field and capstone experience
WMU General information
GRADUATE APPOINTMENTS (GA)
Visit the Graduate Appointee section of the Graduate College website information: https://wmich.edu/grad/current-students/appointments.
Questions about Graduate Appointments (GA’s) pay and processing are directed to the Graduate College at email@example.com.
Students who hold GA’s and have not seen their tuition pay out, please consider the following. If the answer to any of the following questions is yes, then tuition will pay out during the two weeks after census. Census for each semester is after the drop/add deadline.
Are you enrolled for less than six credits? Did you submit a permission to under enroll form?
- Under-enrollment form – students who hold a GA and are registered for less than 6 credits on a graduate appointment need to complete the under enrollment form and submit for faculty advisor approval.
- Are you taking a EUP, off-campus, or online course?
- Elect Extended University Program (EUP) form - students who hold a GA and are taking off-campus and online courses for inclusion in graduate program of study, need to complete this form and submit to faculty advisor for approval
All these forms may be found at http://www.wmich.edu/grad/forms
funding and scholarships
ELRT funding sources: https://wmich.edu/leadership/funding
- Other WMU funding sources: https://wmich.edu/grad/fellowships-grants
- Office of the Vice President for Research: https://wmich.edu/research
Additional Student affairs and higher education resources
- ACPA/NASPA professional competency areas for student affairs professionals (2015)
- Rubric format ACPA/NASPA professional competency areas for student affairs professionals
- Student affairs related resources
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS Standards)
- CAS Statement of Shared Ethical Principles
- ACPA Statement of Ethical Principles and Standards
- CAS Characteristics of Individual Excellence