Proquest research companion
ProQuest Research Companion is a tool that helps students do research that is more effective. It also assists in teaching the information literacy principles of finding, evaluating and using information.
Within ProQuest Research Companion, you’ll find 80 short videos organized into nine Learning Modules that answer questions like "How do I choose a topic?" "Where do I find information?" and "How do I evaluate sources?" Different kinds of pre- and post-assessment questions make the viewing experience more interactive.
ResearchPath, an interactive, research skills tutorial, covers the research process from start to finish. It is divided into a series of video and audio modules. Each module ends with a quiz.
Western Michigan University students, faculty and staff can use ResearchPath by following these steps:
- Log in to the WMU Elearning system.
- Scroll down to the University Libraries box on the right.
- Click the link to self-register for The ResearchPath Course.
- Click the Register button.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select ResearchPath – library-power-search from your course list.
- View each module and complete the quizzes. (Note: You will not have access to the next quiz until you have achieved a score of at least 75% on the previous quiz.)
- When you have successfully completed all of the quizzes, you will receive an email confirmation. It may take up to 24 hours to receive this email. You may forward this email confirmation to your instructor if required to do so.