Beginning Monday, Aug. 17, Waldo Library’s first floor will re-open to WMU users from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Be sure to bring your Bronco card with you to access the building.
Up to 150 people may be allowed in the facility at a time. The lower level, second and third floors will remain closed until further notice.
We continue to encourage you to use our services online or by phone. Call or chat with us online for account-related questions or reference assistance.
How to enter the building
- Complete the COVID-19 health survey on GoWMU.
- Wear a mask inside the facility at all times.
- Swipe your Bronco card at the entrance of Waldo Library.
- Stay six feet away from other people whenever possible.
- Follow directional signage while you are inside the facility.
- Consume food and drink in the designated area only.
Available to use
- Wireless printing station
- Hold pickup area
- Service Desk
- Place material requests
- Check out loaner laptops and equipment
- Check out course reserves
First-Floor Reading Room
- Individual study tables
- Computers and printers
- Designated food and drink area
Closed for now
- Lower level, second and third floors
- Book stacks on all floors
- Group study rooms
- Virtual Reality Lab
- Multimedia Editing Studio
- Learning Glass Studio
- Bookmark Café (reopening Tuesday, Sept. 8)
All branch library locations will remain closed for the fall semester. This closure includes the Maybee Music and Dance and Swain Education Libraries and Zhang Legacy Collection Center. Items requested from these locations may require additional processing time due to the closure.
As a library with millions of items on our shelves, we face unique challenges in sanitizing and cleaning. To help reduce the spread of infection, we have closed all book stacks for the fall semester.
You may place requests for materials at the service desk. We will retrieve items for you. We encourage library users to place holds for materials before they arrive to minimize wait times. You can pick up materials at Waldo Library or we can ship them to you.
Course reserves may be checked out for 24 hours. To help reduce the spread of infection, we will quarantine course reserves for 24 hours upon return.
You are required to wear a mask at all times inside Waldo Library. During COVID-19, food and drink is limited to a designated area near the Bookmark Café. Masks may only be removed while seated and consuming food and drink in this designated area.
The Bookmark Café will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
How we are keeping you safe
- All employees are required to complete the COVID-19 health survey before working in Waldo Library. This includes checking themselves for a fever or other symptoms.
- We require all employees and users to wear masks in our facility at all times. Use the floor markings to stay six feet apart from others.
- We have installed plexiglass shields to protect you and our employees during transactions at the service desk.
- With custodial support, we have implemented cleaning and sanitizing protocols for all areas of the facility open for use. High-touch areas, including door handles and restrooms, will be cleaned multiple times per day.
- Hand-sanitizing and cleaning supply stations have been added to all public areas.
- We have limited the building occupancy to 150 people based on space available on the first floor.
- We have rearranged our furniture to encourage social distancing between stations.
- We have dedicated entrances and exits to encourage social distancing.
Learn more about WMU’s health and safety plan.