The application period for 2020-21 Department of Management scholarship is now closed.
The Western Michigan University Department of Management administers a number of scholarships for students in management and human resource management. This application is for students majoring or minoring in entrepreneurship or management or majoring in human resource management only; students may also apply separately for Haworth College of Business scholarships. Integrated supply management majors should contact the ISM program for information about applying for scholarships specifically awarded to ISM students.
The general eligibility requirements necessary to be considered for a management or human resource management scholarship are:
- Must be accepted into the B.B.A. professional level and have a signed major or minor slip on file.
- Must have a minimum of 56 credit hours completed prior to the start of the spring 2020 semester.
- Must have a graduation date of December 2020 or later.
- This application must be submitted by Feb. 14, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A STATEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL GOALS
As part of your application, you must include a one page, double-spaced statement of professional goals that addresses the following points:
- Your professional goals. What are your professional career aspirations? What do you plan to do with your degree when completed? Although you do not have to commit yourself to one career, you are best served by presenting to the scholarship committee as specific an idea as possible about what you intend to do with your degree.
- What background experiences, events, and/or education have influenced your professional goals? You should be able to relate specific experiences, events or educational experiences that have influenced your goals. For example, do you have previous work, internship, student organization, volunteer experience, or coursework that has influenced your goals? Have there been certain classes which you found were influential at increasing your interest or desire to work in a particular area?