Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5429 USA
- Ph.D., Operations and Sourcing Management, Michigan State University
- MBA, Western Michigan University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Western Michigan University
Dr. Tom Scannell is a professor of management at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business.
He teaches process and operations management, purchasing, ethics, sustainable operations, business strategy, quantitative analysis and quality management at the graduate and undergraduate levels. He has served on and chaired many committees, and was director of the MBA program.
His publications have appeared in numerous journals including:
- Decision Sciences Journal
- Journal of Business Logistics
- Journal of Operations Management
- Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Modern Management Science and Engineering
- Sloan Management Review
- The World Financial Review.
He is co-author of a book regarding supplier integration into new product development and has published industry reports with CAPS Research regarding innovation.
Scannell helped establish the Supply Chain Management Council of West Michigan. His 11 years of industry experience include work as an electronics design engineer, systems engineer, program and project manager, and new product development manager.