Attention twirlers: If you are a competitive twirler with the skills listed below and wish to be a part of the Bronco Marching Band, please submit a Youtube link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to submit a DVD, please mail it to:
WMU Visual Coordinator
Bronco Marching Band Office
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5434 USA
The deadline for submitting your video is March 1, but videos submitted by February 1 will receive highest consideration. If your video is acceptable, you will be granted a personal audition on campus.
- Four spin vertical, three spin horizontal
- Variety of catches and contact material
- Double illusion
- Toss walkover (double walkover ,preferred)
- Side aerials or butterflies
- Two baton (showers, hi/lo material, dual pattern, double toss)
- Three baton (three different modes including pendulums, cascades and time tosses)
- Rolls (fishtails, continuous back neck spins, long arms, Fujimi’s)
- Dance skills
- A great smile and presence on the field as well as a strong sense of teamwork and professionalism.
Feel free to include a resume outlining your competitive experience and any coaches you have had. In addition, consider auditioning for the Bronco colorguard if you are a twirler who loves to perform but does not meet the skill requirements listed. Several former twirlers have had a wonderful performing experience as colorguard members.
For any further information, please email: email@example.com.