Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5248 USA
Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 to 10 a.m.
And by appointment
- Ph.D., Mathematics Education, The Ohio State University, 1988
- Mathematics education
- Mathematics curriculum development for K-12 teachers
Dr. Christine Browning is a professor of mathematics, specializing in mathematics education, in the Department of Mathematics at Western Michigan University.
Browning is interested in developing mathematics curricula for pre-service elementary/middle school teachers that:
- Incorporates artifacts of children’s thinking.
- Makes appropriate use of digital tools that extend the walls of the mathematics classroom and engage pre-service teachers with mathematics teaching and learning.
- Research on digital tools.
- Mathematical and statistical content knowledge for K-8 teaching.
- Technology, pedagogy, and content knowledge.