A program committee and two groups of contributing reviewers evaluate proposals for contributions to the academic program of the International Congress on Medieval Studies at Western Michigan University.
The body of contributing reviewers for sponsored and special sessions comprises ten reviewers, five serving in the first year and five serving in the second year of two-year terms, all selected by a committee of the Board of the Medieval Institute from among self-nominated volunteers.
A self-nomination comprises a required statement of interest in serving as a contributing reviewer (350-word limit), as well as optional listings of Congress sponsoring organizations with which you have an association and your activities and service in the field of medieval studies. You are also welcome to include information about yourself that might help the selection committee better understand how you would contribute to the desired diversity and inclusion of the body of contributing reviewers.
The deadline for self-nominations for 2-year terms beginning in June is April 7, 2023.
58th International Congress on Medieval Studies (May 11–13, 2023)
The program committee evaluates proposals for sponsored and special sessions and decides on their acceptance or rejection (in June). This committee also oversees the creation of general sessions (in November).
- Robert F. Berkhofer, WMU Medieval Institute
- Lofton Durham, WMU Department of Theatre
- Jana K. Schulman, WMU Department of English
- Susan M. B. Steuer, WMU University Libraries
- Grace Tiffany, WMU Department of English
- Theresa Whitaker, Medieval Institute Publications
Contributing reviewers (sponsored and special sessions)
These contributing reviewers evaluate proposals for sponsored and special sessions. The program committee takes their assessments into consideration in the acceptance and rejection of proposed sessions.
- Yasmine Beale-Rivaya, Texas State University (2022-2023)
- Vincent Debiais, École des hautes études, Paris (2022-2023)
- Monica Green, Independent Scholar (2023-2024)
- Christina M. Heckman, Augusta University (2023-2024)
- Coral Anne Lumbley, New York University (2022-2023)
- Doaa Omran, University of New Mexico (2023-2024)
- Montserrat Piera, Temple University (2023-2024)
- Joel T. Rosenthal, Stony Brook University (2023-2024)
- Alan Stahl, Princeton University (2022-2023)
- Carla María Thomas, Florida Atlantic University (2022-2023)
Contributing reviewers (general sessions)
A group of contributing reviewers evaluates paper proposals for general sessions. The program committee takes their assessments into consideration in the acceptance and rejection of proposed papers.
- Robert Berkhofer, Western Michigan University
- Lisa Carnell, Western Michigan University
- Luke Conklin, Independent Scholar
- James Palmitessa, Western Michigan University
- Linda Rouillard, University of Toledo
- Jana Schulman, Western Michigan University
- Anise Strong, Western Michigan University
- Nathan Tabor, Western Michigan University
- Elizabeth Teviotdale, CMRS Center for Early Global Studies, UCLA
- Grace Tiffany, Western Michigan University
- Kevin Wanner, Western Michigan University