Live events of the International Congress on Medieval Studies hosted by Western Michigan University's Medieval Institute are on the Zoom platform. The live events of the 57th Congress take place Monday–Saturday, May 9–14, 2022.
You can download the Zoom client for free, and we recommend that you do so. If you already have the app, we recommend that you update it: you will enjoy the fullest and latest functionality if your app is up-to-date. Once you have the app installed, you can start a meeting to become familiar with the app's features and to practice screen sharing, etc. Colleagues in China will not be able to download the app but can access all content through their internet browsers.
Zoom training sessions are available for registered attendees on:
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 2-3 p.m. EST
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 10-11 a.m. EST
Registered attendees will receive an email with a reminder of these dates and the link to join the Zoom training. If you do not receive this email, please contact us.
Live events are scheduled Monday, May 9, through Saturday, May 14, with 90-minute sessions, gatherings, and business meetings beginning at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:00 p.m. EDT daily. More than 300 sessions will be recorded live. These recordings will be made available for viewing by registrants during the two weeks immediately following the live events.
Features of the meeting site hosted by Confex
The meeting site will open three weeks before the congress begins, allowing attendees to get acquainted with the platform in advance. We are proud to offer features including:
- The option to search for sessions by format, timeslot, sponsoring organization or participant.
- Easy access to Zoom rooms by direct links from the schedule of sessions.
- Private bookmarks and custom schedules automatically converted to your own time zone.
- Opportunities to network with other attendees in forums and via direct messages.
- A virtual exhibits hall featuring exclusive sales and coupons.
- Dedicated technical support personnel from the Confex team.
Key dates for attendees
- April 15—Meeting site opens to registrants.
- May 9–14—Live sessions take place on the meeting site.
- May 16–28—Library of recorded sessions available to registrants.
Planning your congress
Consult the Program Overview for an overview of the dates and times of sessions, gatherings, and meetings.