Editor's note: This article was updated with new information on 3/26/20
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Sindecuse Health Center will continue most services as usual through the end of the spring semester and beyond. Hours of operation will not change:
- Monday–Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some changes are necessary to implement essential service plans. Health center staff will evaluate practices as we go forward, continuing to make customer health and safety a priority. Anyone experiencing respiratory systems, a cough or a fever is still asked to call (269) 387-3287 before coming to the center.
The following changes are now in place:
- Counseling and Psychiatry continue to be offered to students, and access is being expanded through telehealth visits. We encourage anyone who is in need of services (crisis or initial) to call (269) 387-1850 prior to coming in. To support social distancing recommendations, some in-person appointments with students will take place in larger rooms.
- Pharmacy will close every day at 5 p.m., not 5:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy-only customers will be asked to use the drive-up window. Walk-in pharmacy services will be reserved for visitors without cars and clinic patients with appointments. Payment will be collected at the window by credit card or cash. This may mean longer wait times as we process payments. Staff will try to minimize disruption to the usual prompt service.
- Sports Medicine Clinic will suspend physical therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic and other operations. Scheduled patients will be notified.
- X-ray diagnostics will be available only from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Payment by payroll deduction for employees will be suspended March 31. We accept credit cards, checks, cash and pay-by-phone.
Some services will not change:
- Counseling services will be available to all WMU students at no charge.
- Primary care, psychiatry and nursing operations will continue as before.
- Patients may still book online or by phone.
The health center is exploring more options for telehealth delivery for some services. More information will be shared as becomes available.
Again, please call (269) 387-3287 before you come in if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, fever or cough. Latest COVID-19 information is always available at https://wmich.edu/covid-19.
For the latest WMU news, arts and events, visit WMU News online.