Scheduled appointments are ideal for prospective students, newly-admitted transfer students, students needing to create a graduation plan, students needing a financial aid letter, ROTC advising or post-baccalaureate initial teacher certification advising. Phone appointments can be made for students when physically coming to our office presents a hardship.
- Come prepared—This may include a program or graduation plan, a list of questions about classes or questions about your Degree Works worksheet.
- Unsure about your required classes? Use Degree Works in GoWMU or look at your program guides and draft graduation plans.
- Transfer students should bring their WMU credit evaluation and an unofficial transcript from each school attended.
If you are unable to find an available appointment to fit your schedule, please utilize our drop-in advising times, RSVP for group advising or contact Chris Robinson for assistance in scheduling an appointment.
Canceling an appointment
If you need to cancel a previously scheduled appointment, call (269) 387-3474 to cancel. Please be ready with your name, WIN and date of your appointment.
Specific appointments and processes
If your registration problems are not resolved after reviewing the information below, please email the college with the description of the problem, include the course request number and the days and times of the class you want.
Administrator or existing teacher certification
Graduation audit application process
- Come to drop-in advising hours to meet with an advisor to review your graduation audit materials.
- Schedule an appointment with the Director of Advising by contacting the Advising office at (269) 387-3474.
Teaching internships or student teaching
WMU Southwest (Benton Harbor)
- Schedule an appointment at WMU Southwest in Benton Harbor by calling (269) 934-1500 or schedule a phone appointment.