Intern Placement Tracking data management system
Western Michigan University's School of Social Work has begun using a web-based data management system called Intern Placement Tracking as a means to track all students in field placement. The system also has further benefits.
The Intern Placement Tracking system allows the WMU social work field education office and field organizations to communicate more easily with each other and with students participating in field education. Because of this, it is essential for students to keep all information current.
How to use the system
The system can be accessed at the Intern Placement Tracking website login page
- The WMU organization ID is wmich
- All field instructors and students will be supplied a unique user name and password before they can log in; this will be sent by the field team
- Please note that the login information is UPPER/lower case sensitive
- Please refer to the Intern Placement Tracking system tutorials below for more information on getting started
Below are three video tutorials that provide a brief overview of Intern Placement Tracking, our data management system. Each one is specific for your role with the School of Social Work. Please review the tutorial appropriate for you. You may also want to take a look at a the frequently asked questions.
These IPT tutorials are also available in a PowerPoint version. Please select the tutorial appropriate for you.
Tip sheets when applying for field
Tip sheets once in field
- For Students
- For Field Instructors
- For Secondary Field Instructors
- For Faculty Liaisons
- For completing field organization description
Tip sheets for prospective organizations
To view a map of available field placements:
Field application due dates
- Kalamazoo: Oct. 1 for spring and Feb. 1 for fall or within two weeks of confirmed enrollment
- Grand Rapids: Feb. 1 for fall
- Southwest: Jan. 15 for fall
The web-based Intern Placement Tracking data management system maintains and reports information about field placement organizations, supervisors, and students, and tracks student assignments from semester and historically. A strong feature of the system is access to online documents such as learning agreements and student evaluations, which are completed and stored online. In addition, the Intern Placement Tracking:
- Provides the School of Social Work with a paperless solution for tracking and archiving
- Facilitates communication with students, field instructors and liaisons
- Allows students to research potential field placement opportunities
- Eliminates paperwork and provides the student easy access to their field placement information
- Allows organizations to describe learning opportunities in order to match students in ideal learning environments
- Provides field instructors with a resource to easily access student information
- Allows field instructors access to all required documents in a paperless system
- Increases communication between the School of Social Work and field organizations
Please also refer to the tutorials for students, field instructors and field liaisons.
- What is Intern Placement Tracking?
- Where do I get my username and password?
- How do I log in to Intern Placement Tracking?
- What if I forgot my password?
- Where do I find the forms I need, such as the placement confirmation, learning agreement and process recording?
- Will my information remain confidential?
- Who can I contact if I am having trouble with the system?
The Internship Placement Tracking website is used to track student placements and to provide a useful tool to research prospective field organizations.
The field team will email your unique user name and password to you.
The first time you log in to the system, you will be prompted to change your user name and password. For more information on getting started, please refer to your specific tutorial (student, field instructor, or liaison): on page four, "Getting Started."
If you have forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your User Name or Password" link at the bottom of the login page. For more information on logging in, please refer your specific tutorial (student, field instructor, or liaison) on page five, "Trouble Logging In?"
Where do I find the forms I need, such as the placement confirmation, learning agreement and process recording?
Please refer to the student or field instructor tutorial on page seven, "Forms." Information on where these and other forms are located, is explained in this slide. Information on when forms are due and what forms need action are located on the next slide, page eight, "Forms cont’d."
Intern Placement Tracking is a web-based system, however none of your information will be available to the general public. The information provided is password protected and only available to the WMU School of Social Work field team, current student(s) and the field liaison. Additionally, student(s) will have access to instructor and liaison phone numbers and email addresses.
If you cannot find the answer to your question in the tutorials or other frequently asked questions, you may contact Field Office Support Staff Jackie Martell at email@example.com or (269) 387-3188.