The 2018 Campus Navigator is live and ready to serve as your complete guide to Orientation, Student Transitions, and University resources.
Spring Orientation Registration for all new students starting in spring 2019 will be open in early October. Please check back then.
Spring Orientation is scheduled for Friday, December 14, 2018.
New Student Orientation 2019 Requirements
- Registration for Orientation 2019 will begin on February 1, 2019
- Student Orientation is a two-day experience that occurs multiple times throughout the month of June. While at New Student Orientation, you will meet with Academic Advisors.
- All 2019 high school graduates, entering Western in the fall, are required to attend Orientation before they can register for classes.
- All 2018 high school graduates, that have not attended any college classes since graduating, are also required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Students participating in an Early Middle College are required to attend Orientation, the year they plan to begin at Western.
- Students that have been out of high school for more than 2 years are not required to attend, but are welcome.
- Students that are not enrolling on main campus (i.e. students enrolling fully online or at one of our regional campuses) are not required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Transfer students - refer to wmich.edu/transitions/transfer
- International Students - refer to wmich.edu/international/
Congratulations on your decision to attend Western Michigan University. You will soon join the many proud Broncos that are part of the WMU family. Your college years are a time of learning, exploration and self-discovery and there are many opportunities waiting for you. Your WMU journey begins with summer orientation. You will make great connections with faculty and staff as well as other new students, many of whom could become your friends for life. You will leave orientation with a lot of Bronco pride and the excitement of returning in August to begin your collegiate journey.