WMU's uses an online graduate application system for all students (domestic and international). You will be asked to provide general application information for the University, and MSN-specific information for this program.
Requirements are listed below. You may want to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
Admission is competitive; therefore, the listed criteria for admission should be considered as minimum standards.
- Evidence of an earned B.S.N. or B.S. degree with a major in nursing from an accredited program in nursing. Nurses with a baccalaureate degree in another discipline will be considered on an individual basis.
- Registered nurses with an A.D.N. and a B.S. or B.A. in another discipline. Prerequisites to be completed after conditional acceptance into the MSN program:
- Undergraduate course in descriptive and beginning inferential statistics
- NUR 3330 - Health Informatics
- NUR 3400 - Transition to Professional Nursing
- NUR 3430 - Nursing Research
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last 60 credit hours of the undergraduate nursing studies.
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in one of the 50 U.S. states or territories.
- Submission of scores on TOEFL for students whose undergraduate degree was obtained internationally with minimum score of 80.
- Evidence of personal and professional qualifications for graduate study, as reflected in:
- Response to questions related to graduate study
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts
- Other assessment procedures as indicated.
For more information about the program or the application process, please contact our M.S.N. coordinator Kelly Ackerson at email@example.com.