WMU's uses an online graduate application system for all students (domestic and international). You will be asked to provide general application information for the University, and MSN-specific information for this program.
Requirements are listed below. You may want to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
Admission is competitive; therefore, the listed criteria for admission should be considered as minimum standards.
- Evidence of an earned BSN or bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from an accredited program in nursing. Nurses with a bachelor's degree in another discipline will be considered on an individual basis.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate nursing studies.
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in one of the 50 U.S. states or territories.
- Completion of the following prerequisites if non-B.S.N. with a RN license:
- Undergraduate course in descriptive and beginning inferential statistics;
- NUR 3330 - Health Informatics;
- NUR 3400 - Transition to Professional Nursing; and
- NUR 3430 - Nursing Research
- Three letters of reference from colleagues or supervisors able to comment on the applicant’s clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- Response on written statement related to advanced professional nursing
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
For more information about the program or the application process, please contact our M.S.N. coordinator Kelly Ackerson at email@example.com.