The Department of Occupational Therapy encourages visitors to explore the following occupational therapy-related resources.
- The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal with a mission to publish high quality articles that focus on applied research, practice, and education in the occupational therapy profession.
- Interprofessional Peer Education and Evidence for Recovery (I-PEER) Program provides enhanced interdisciplinary education for social workers, occupational therapists and peer specialists in evidence-based practices in behavioral health.
- Michigan Youth Prevention and Recovery for Opioid Use Disorders (MY-PROUD) Program provides training and workforce development for interprofessional students and providers on opioid use disorder prevention and recovery.
State-Level Professional Resources
- Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists is an organization responsible providing up-to-date information on various topics related to the practice of occupational therapy in Michigan.New graduates should refer to this website to gain information on the procedures to apply for licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Michigan Occupational Therapy Association (MiOTA) is a state-level professional association of occupational therapy practitioners who are dedicated to supporting the profession of occupational therapy through advocacy and communication.
National Professional Resources
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is occupational therapy's national professional association. AOTA addresses the interests and concerns of occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and students of occupational therapy and to improve the quality of occupational therapy services.
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is a nonprofit organization responsible for providing the national board examination which new graduates must pass in order to become a registered occupational therapist in the United States.
International Professional Resources
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists is a global network of 101 member organizations, representing 580,000 occupational therapist who.promotes occupational therapy as an art and science internationally.