Through employee self service
Employees may add and change direct deposit information directly through Employee Self Service in GoWMU. Please see the job aids below for step by step instructions on updating banking information. For assistance with direct deposit updates, you are welcome to visit the Payroll and Disbursements Department, located on the fourth floor of the Seibert Administration Building, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Picture identification is required. You may also call (269) 387-2935 or email email@example.com with questions.
Direct Deposit User Guides
- In order to set up your direct deposit as a new employee you will need to wait 24-48 hours after your hire date before the payroll portal is available.
- You may select the direct deposit or PNC pay card option
- Your first check is often a paper check. You will be notified by the payroll office via your Western Michigan University email with instructions to pick up or to have your check mailed to you.
- Pay check stubs are available to you on the Employee Self Service payroll portal by selecting Paychecks. New pay check stubs are posted two days prior to the pay date.
- If you currently have direct deposit set up and wish to change to the PNC pay card, please contact the payroll office at (269) 387-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Pay card documents
- Students enrolling in the PNC pay card program will receive an email from the payroll office via your Western Michigan University email with instructions to pick up or to have your pay card mailed to you.
- Staff enrolling in the PNC pay card program will receive the pay card, in a plain white envelope, via the USPS mail service, at your home address currently on file with the University.