Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist program assistants with general office functions including, but not limited to, answering the phone and taking messages, filing, copying, printing, scanning, and shredding documents, collecting and mailing correspondence, as well as data entry.
- Maintains office supplies by checking inventory on a regular basis and anticipating requirements.
- Assist program assistants and program director with staff meeting and workshop planning and setup.
- Assist program director with presentations to program partners.
- Provides excellent support service to program participants and peer mentors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in (paid) educational and developmental opportunities.
- Must be enrolled at Western Michigan University.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, able to follow instructions, and able to multitask.
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Have a familiarity with current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, as well as Photoshop or similar applications.
- Experience working with grant-funded programs.
- Awarded work-study.