Metro Detroit Community Outreach in Western Michigan University’s Office of Precollege Programming provides services and programs designed to engage K-12 students and their parents in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties interested in opportunities for higher education.
Programs and services to community, faith based and youth serving organizations include:
- Conduct college readiness workshops/presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Resource tables at community events.
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships and partnerships between the University and others in the tri-county area.
- Metro Detroit Scholarships Intensive Workshops for junior and high school students and their families.
- Information sessions about WMU programs and services.
A great resource for information on scholarships is Enact Your Future, Inc.
Listed below are upcoming events and activities when scheduled. To schedule a presentation or request a resource table send an email to email@example.com or call (269) 599-2496.
WMU in Metro Detroit Workshops Western Michigan University invites high school juniors, seniors and parents to attend our college readiness workshops. Workshop features:
- WMU need-based and merit-based scholarship opportunities
- Information about WMU Endowed Scholarships
- How to find community scholarships
- Ways to finance college & FAFSA updates
Reserve your spot today by sending an email two days prior to the workshop with your name, number attending, high school and grade to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAFSA 101 – Financial Aid
WMU Wednesday on October 3 6 -7:30 pm, Ferndale High School 881 Pinecrest Dr. Ferndale, MI 48220
Saturday, October 27 2:30 - 4 p.m. Troy Public Library 510 W. Big Beaver Rd. (Civic Center Dr.) Troy, MI 48084