Policies, Requirements, and Other Information Related to WMU Programs and Activities Involving Minors
- Policy on Western Michigan University Programs and Activities Involving Minors
- Minors on campus background check requirements
- President's Message: Reporting illegal and unethical activities
- Reporting Information and EthicsPoint Hotline
- Trustees affirm campus policies on reporting wrongdoing
- WMU Board of Trustees Policy on Duty to Report Criminal Acts
- WMU Department of Public Safety
State of Michigan Department of Human Services: Websites with information on reporting child abuse:
- Child Protective Services
- Mandated Reporter's Resource Guide
- Report of Actual or Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect
- Reporting Abuse and Neglect—If you suspect abuse or neglect, call (855) 444-3911 any time day or night. This toll-free phone number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Information and tools to assist WMU units developing and operating programs/activities involving minors:
The following sample forms have been approved by legal counsel and may be used to develop your own program forms.
- Checklist for Program Creation
- Information Use Authorization
- Lab Use Authorization
- Medical Release Form
- Participant Code of Conduct
- Program Staff Code of Conduct
- Transportation Authorization
Supplied by the Michigan Universities Self Insurance Corporation.