Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5202 USA
- Principal point of contact and advisor to the president
- Primary assistant and liaison to the President’s Cabinet
- Oversight for office operations and activities
- Oversight of long-range schedule planning
- Oversight for budget and personnel
- Facilitates with resolution to inquiries and concerns
Michelle Hruska joined the staff in the Office of the President as senior executive assistant to the president in July, 2017. She has served in a variety of leadership capacities since beginning her career at WMU in 1989, including seven years in the role of executive assistant senior to the provost and vice president of academic affairs. Her service at WMU includes membership in the inaugural Everyone Counts Diversity and Broncos FIRST Professional Learning Communities, and as a mentor for the Seita Scholars Program.
A two-time alumna, Hruska earned an M.A. in socio-cultural studies in education in 2014 and a B.A. in communication in 1988. In 2013-14, she was selected as Department Graduate Research and Creative Scholar by the Department of Teaching, Learning and Education Studies.