Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5202 USA
- Provides administrative support to the chief of staff and board secretary
- Coordinates special events for the Office of the President
- Serves as committee liaison for event planning involving the President
- Provides supervision for Gilmore House staff
- Provides administrative support to the Office of the President
Stacy Thinnes joined the staff in the Office of the President as executive assistant-special events coordinator in March 2017. She began her career at WMU in 1986, including 12 years with the WMU Foundation as the coordinator of alumni and donor records and administrative assistant. She then spent 19 years in Intercollegiate Athletics as an administrative assistant and then an assistant athletic director-special events. Her time at WMU includes service on a variety of committees including Collaborative Risk/Opportunity Management Learner Success Action Team, Learner Support Program Review and Planning Team, Campus Compact Action Planning Team, Integrated Marketing and Design Team, Homecoming Planning Committee, and Leadership Kalamazoo.
Thinnes earned her M.S. in sport management from Western Michigan University in 2003 and her B.A. in management and organizational development from Spring Arbor University in 2002.
When not attending WMU events, she and her husband, Tom, also a WMU alum and employee in the College of Aviation, enjoy small adventures and trying new things. They have four children and two grandsons.