Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5439 USA
- Ph.D., Western Michigan University, 2009
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 2005
- B.S., Central Michigan University, 2001
- Applying the science of behavior to workplace settings and understanding the underlying behavioral mechanisms
- Exploring the best practices for feedback delivery, goal setting, coaching, organizational innovation, and sustaining performance improvements
- Behavior-based instructional design and computer-assisted instructional modalities
Dr. Douglas A. Johnson is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at Western Michigan University and a member of the industrial organizational psychology faculty. He is well-versed in radical behaviorism, instructional design, evidence-based training, and organizational behavior management. He has several peer-reviewed publications on organizational topics such as laboratory and field investigations of feedback, multiculturalism and diversity, performance diagnostic tools, multimedia instruction, and motivation.
In addition to his responsibilities at WMU, Dr. Johnson also works as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management and was named as one of the most cited authors in a quantitative review of that journal (Sleiman et al., 2020) across its 40+ years of publication. The Organizational Behavior Management Network has given his research several awards, including the Scholarly Impact Award and the Innovative Research Award. He has over two decades of experience in providing instructional design consultation for training with companies such as Fifth Third Bank, Heinz, Pfizer, Ford Motor Company, and more.
To find out more about the research of Dr. Johnson and his students, visit his website.