3700 Wood Hall
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5439
- Ph.D., Utah State University, 2019
- M.S., Utah State University, 2015
- B.A., University of Nevada Reno, 2010
- Exposure therapy
- Novel methodological approaches to measuring processes of change
- Mindfulness and acceptance-based psychotherapies
Brooke Smith, Ph.D. is an assistant professor in the Department of Psychology at Western Michigan University.
Dr. Smith received her Ph.D. in psychology from Utah State University in 2019 and completed her clinical internship at the VA Puget Sound, American Lake Division. Her research interests include therapeutic processes of change and their translation from basic behavioral principles to applications in mindfulness, exposure, and acceptance-based psychotherapies, particularly Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). She is also interested in novel methodological approaches to measuring processes of change, including physiological and neural measurement techniques. Clinically, Dr. Smith specializes in ACT and mindfulness-based approaches to the treatment of anxiety and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders in adults.