Updated 11/16/20 at 1:40 p.m.
The Student Recreation Center is now open. Visit our hours page for our daily hours of operation.
Activities allowed beginning Mon., Nov. 16
- Locker rooms for changing and private stall shower usage
Changes due to MDHHS Emergency Order (effective Wed., Nov. 18)
Due to the MDHHS Emergency Order issued on Sunday, Nov. 15, the SRC is required to make some adjustments to its operations. We will remain open for individual workouts under adjusted hours. The following changes will be in effect through at least Dec. 7:
- Adjusted hours Mon.-Fri. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sun. 2 to 6 p.m. Visit our hours page for additional information.
- In-person fitness classes canceled. Virtual fitness classes will still be offered. Visit our ExperienceWMU page for the class schedule and past recordings.
- No competitive sports such as soccer, basketball and volleyball. Individual activities will remain in place as long as social distancing is maintained.
- All club sports and RSO activities are canceled.
- Equipment and machine availability has been altered to adhere to the minimum of 12 feet of distance between workout stations guideline.
Anyone entering the control space is required to have the following items:
-Updated Sindecuse virtual badge. Your badge must be GREEN in order to access the facility. The Sindecuse health questionnaire must be completed daily before coming to campus or visiting campus buildings.
-Face covering (mask); Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the SRC, even while exercising.
The main office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for business services. Beginning Wednesday, Nov. 18, the SRC office will be open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Members that had a locker rental during the spring 2020 semester can retrieve their belongings during our main office hours. All lockers have been emptied because of new rental locker layout and social distancing guidelines. Due to current protocols in the building, our staff will have to retrieve your belongings and bring them to you at the main office. If you would like to make an appointment to speed up the process of retrieving your belongings, please contact Cindy Vanderwoude at (269) 387-3115. If you have a credit for your locker rental, then once we are able to renew lockers, you will be contacted for priority renewal.
Our intramural sports program has set up a series of free one-day tournaments for WMU students in October. If you visit our IM Sports registration website, you can register for those tournaments.
Our fitness program is offering free virtual and outdoor classes during the month of October. Visit our fitness schedule page for the complete schedule. If you want to take a fitness class, you must register on ExperienceWMU and RSVP to reserve your spot because space is limited in our classes.