- Room capacity is 60. Capacity may be reduced at times to ensure there is space for academic classes held in the weight room.
- Machines have been spaced out to encourage and accommodate social distancing.
- Patrons should clean machines before and after use.
- One door is established as enter only (closest to the Towel Tracker machine and turnstiles) and the other is designated as exit only (closest to the locker rooms).
- If the weight room is at capacity, spots have been placed on the floor indicating where to wait in line to access the weight room.
- 30 minute limit on all cardio equipment.
- Blue boxes have been placed on the floor to encourage social distancing.
SRC COVID-19 Modifications
The Student Recreation Center at Western Michigan University has made extensive modifications to spaces throughout the facility due to COVID-19. Some of these changes include decreased capacities, closed areas of the facilities, relocated equipment, and limitations on activities.
Current status of activities (updated 6/2)
- Guest pass sales have resumed. SRC members can sponsor up to two individuals 16 or over to come into the building with them. All guests must have a photo id, pay the $8 guest pass fee and complete a COVID screening at the service desk.
- Family hours and activities have resumed during all building hours. Members can bring their children or dependents to the SRC for activities. Children or dependents 15 or young have no charge. Anyone 16 or older must pay the $8 guest pass fee. Anyone 13 or older must complete a COVID screening at the service desk.
- Overall building and space capacities are at 50%.
The following areas are closed until further notice:
- SRC pool and sauna
- Intramural sports office