- Room capacity is 30.
- Machines have been spaced out to encourage and accommodate social distancing.
- Patrons should clean machines before and after use.
- One door is established as enter only (closest to the Towel Tracker machine and turnstiles) and the other is designated as exit only (closest to the locker rooms).
- If the weight room is at capacity, spots have been placed on the floor indicating where to wait in line to access the weight room.
- 30 minute limit on all cardio equipment.
- Blue boxes have been placed on the floor to encourage social distancing.
SRC COVID-19 Modifications
The Student Recreation Center at Western Michigan University has made extensive modifications to spaces throughout the facility due to COVID-19. Some of these changes include decreased capacities, closed areas of the facilities, relocated equipment, and limitations on activities.
Changes effective Sat., Jan. 16
Due to the MDHHS Emergency Order issued on Wednesday, Jan. 13, the SRC is able to make some adjustments to its operations.
- In-person fitness classes resume on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
- Racquet sports (tennis, badminton, pickleball, racquetball) and 4 player volleyball may resume.
- Weight room capacity will be increased to 40 (increased from the current 30). Some machines will be brought back online as long as we are able to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing.
- Competitive contact sports (soccer, futsal, basketball, etc.) are still not allowed under the current order. Activities associated with basketball and soccer are still limited to non-contact, single person activities.
The following areas are closed until further notice:
- SRC pool and sauna
- Climbing wall
- Intramural sports office