Name and Address Change

To change your legal name

Complete, notarize and return the affidavit form the Office of the Registrar by mail or in person. Faxed or email forms will not be accepted.

Academic records at Western Michigan University are permanently maintained by student name. Students may maintain academic records under the name used at the time of admission or they may use or change to a legal name. Each name used at the University will remain on the students permanent record. Legal proof is required—a marriage license, divorce papers, driver's license, or other legal document—but there is no requirement that a student must make a name change. Name changes will not be made for an inactive student

To update your address

Each student is responsible for maintaining a correct mailing address with the University. Login to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password and click on View/Update My Personal Information, then View/Update Address and Phones to update your address. You may also update your address in person at the Office of the Registrar. A photo ID is required for in person updates.

Local address

This address is used for all refunds. Mail is sent to the local address during the fall and spring semesters except during holidays, at which time mail is sent to the permanent address.

Home or permanent address

This address is used for all tuition bills. Monthly statements for enrolled students are available on the website. All monthly statements for non-enrolled students will be mailed to the home address.

Student employees

Please update your address via the Employee or Banner Self Service function to ensure your W-2 is sent to your correct address.