These funds support Western Michigan University faculty in the publication of their papers and exhibition of their creative works through recognized media. In this context, “final preparation and publication of papers and exhibition”—or PPP&E—means activities occurring after the research or creative activity has been completed. This fund is administered in accordance with the WMU-AAUP Contract (Article 34). Maximum reimbursement for the 2018-19 fiscal year is $750.
Purpose of the fund
Final Preparation and Publication of Papers and Exhibition of Creative Works funds support Western Michigan University faculty in the publication of their papers and exhibition of their creative works through recognized media. In this context, “final preparation and publication of papers and exhibition”—or PPP&E—means activities occurring after the research or creative activity has been completed. This fund is administered in accordance with the WMU-AAUP Contract (Article 34).
Examples of fundable activities and typical cost categories:
• Materials development and special charges, e.g., graphic preparation, technical services, and publicity.
• Printing, e.g., copying, pre‐ or re‐prints and page charges.
• Miscellaneous, e.g., disks, tapes, other supplies, and postage.
A program coordinator administers the PPP&E program from the Office of the Vice President for Research under guidelines established by the Research Policies Council. Awards are made through the General Ledger Operating Web to reimburse the designated department fund and ID number for approved expenses. Faculty must process expenses against the department account prior to submitting the application—see application procedures.
- Only WMU bargaining unit faculty members are eligible to apply.
- The department chair must certify that the expenses are proper and necessary.
- Maximum reimbursement in one fiscal year will be up to the amount approved by the Research Policy Council each September for the current fiscal year. If a single award is less than the maximum, the faculty member may submit additional applications until the maximum is reached. Second or third applications for support will be funded only after all other initial applications for PPP&E support have been funded.
- Reimbursement may not be claimed for expenses that could be recovered from other sources (e.g., grants or contracts).
- All expenditures must conform to appropriate University policies.
- The minimum amount of reimbursement per request is $50. Requests for less than $50 will be returned.
- Faculty members must complete the PPP&E Fund application form.
- The completed PPP&E application form and expense receipts should then be submitted to the department chair for his/her verification and signature. Expenses must be processed against the department fund and ID account (cost center) prior to completing the remaining application submission procedures.
- The original application form with copies of the processed voucher, receipts and the GLOW ledger page showing payment was made should then be sent to the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Pending verification of eligibility and approval of expenditures, the research office will then reimburse the department by transferring funds into the departmental account through GLOW.
Coordinator of Research Data